Welcome to The Real Time Canine, Part Two



Welcome to part two of The Real Time Canine. In this edition, I will describe the daily life of a Border Collie sheepdog prospect. In weekly posts using words and pictures, I will describe what they learn and how they learn it. Each pup imparts knowledge in their own special way, and through them I will give you insight into how I train a Border Collie Sheepdog from beginning to success.

As with Kensmuir Star in the original
Real Time Canine, you will be with us every step of the way as these talented youngsters acquire the confidence, willingness and skills necessary to attain my goal for them to become a useful working sheepdog and successful trial competitor. I hope you will join us and find useful tips and technique on how to train a sheepdog.


After a lifetime with animals, dogs, horses and livestock, I am happy to share my expertise with you. I have found success at sheepdog trials at home and abroad, and have trained dogs that went on to find success with others. To learn more about me and my dogs, please visit my BorderSmith website, and my BorderSmith Blog!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Latest

As my Tam-O-Canter prepares for his very first nursery trial this weekend, I thought a new video was in order. It will be his 3rd dog trial, but first nursery, because the nursery class at the first 2 trials were cancelled due to lack of interest, (not enough entries.)

My friend, Jan filmed this and I'm not sure what I'm doing here. But 20 month old Tammy is taking every whistle and listening intently, just like always. Such a good boy! Thanks to Jan for filming, editing and for posting to my YouTube channel, which you can find under "BorderSmith."

No comments:

Post a Comment